[openstack-dev] [Neutron] PTL Candidacy

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Tue Jan 24 08:50:33 UTC 2017

I'm on board with getting visibility into the drivers with improvements to
driverlog, etc. What I'm uncertain of is providing much in the lines of
'validation'. Core reviewers don't frequently have access to the hardware
or software required to validate these drivers so we can't be sure if the
features really are working as expected.

If validation is as flexible as you highlighted in the email, we can at
least get it to a point where all recent CI runs are linkable from
driverlog and people can see recent tempest runs. I don't foresee the
Neutron team getting to a point soon where we vouch for certain drivers
though just because it is so hard to keep up with their changes (even
ignoring changes in the vendor hardware itself).