[openstack-dev] [infra][Neutron] Running out of memory on gate for linux bridge job

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Tue Jan 24 03:18:14 UTC 2017

What I don't understand is why the OOM killer is being invoked when there
is almost no swap space being used at all. Check out the memory output when
it's killed:

http://logs.openstack.org/59/382659/26/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-linuxbridge-ubuntu-xenial/7de01d0/logs/syslog.txt.gz#_Jan_11_15_54_36

"Jan 11 15:54:36 ubuntu-xenial-rax-ord-6599274 kernel: Free swap  =
7994832kB
Jan 11 15:54:36 ubuntu-xenial-rax-ord-6599274 kernel: Total swap =
7999020kB"

Do we have something set that is effectively disabling the usage of swap
space?