[openstack-dev] [ironic] this week's priorities and subteam reports

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon Jan 23 19:56:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are jittery to present this week's priorities and subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

This Week's Priorities (as of the weekly ironic meeting)
1. nova patch for soft power/reboot: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/407977/
2. ironicclient queue: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-ironicclient
3. ironic-inspector-client queue: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-ironic-inspector-client
4. Continue reviewing driver composition things (see notes below, some of the WIP patches are ready other than docs/reno): https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bug/1524745
5. Node tags: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526266

Bugs (dtantsur)
===============
- Stats (diff between 16 Jan 2017 and 23 Jan 2017)
- Ironic: 227 bugs (-3) + 237 wishlist items (-1). 19 new, 190 in progress (-1), 0 critical, 28 high (-1) and 31 incomplete (+1)
- Inspector: 11 bugs (-1) + 24 wishlist items (+1). 0 new, 16 in progress (+2), 0 critical, 3 high (+1) and 4 incomplete (-1)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 10. 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Portgroups support (sambetts, vdrok)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/KvVjeK5j/29-portgroups-support
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - everything is done, except for tempest tests and documentation.(need to be written still)

Interface attach/detach API (sambetts)
======================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/nryU4w58/39-interface-attach-detach-api
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
done

CI refactoring (dtantsur, lucasagomes)
======================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/c96zb3dm/32-ci-refactoring
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Two more patches to go to add support for deploying UEFI images with Ironic in devstack: 1) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/414604/ (DevStack) 2) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374988/ BOTH MERGED
    - focus (lucasagomes) is to get UEFI testing in gate. More patches needed for this.

Rolling upgrades and grenade-partial (rloo, jlvillal)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/GAlhSzLm/2-rolling-upgrades-and-grenade-with-multi-node
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
- leaning towards moving this to Pike.
    - patches need reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526283.
    - concerns about https://review.openstack.org/#/c/420728/ (Add compatibility with Newton when creating a node)
    - had irc discussion about status: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-ironic/%23openstack-ironic.2017-01-23.log.html#t2017-01-23T16:17:41
    - Testing work:
        - Great progress this last week! Able to fix issue that had blocked us for several weeks in the multi-tenant grenade job!
        - Tempest smoke is now working for the multi-tenant grenade job during the initial pre-grenade run.
        - The grenade portion passes for the multi-tenant grenade job
            - http://logs.openstack.org/49/422149/5/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-ironic-multitenant-ubuntu-xenial-nv/74c9ed9/logs/grenade.sh.summary.txt.gz
        - The final tempest "smoke" test is failing after the grenade run in the multi-tenant grenade job.
            - http://logs.openstack.org/49/422149/5/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-ironic-multitenant-ubuntu-xenial-nv/74c9ed9/console.html
        - Testing being done in: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/422149/
        - This needs multi-node testing, and multi-node has a very low probability of working in Ocata

Generic boot-from-volume (TheJulia)
===================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/UttNjDB7/13-generic-boot-from-volume
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - API side changes for volume connector information has a procedural -2 until we can begin making use of the data in the conductor, but should stil be reviewed
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214586/
        - This change has been rebased on top of the iPXE template update revision to support cinder/iscsi booting.
    - Boot from volume/storage cinder interface is up for review
        - Last patch set for cinder common client interface was reverted in a rebase.  TheJulia expects to address this Monday afternoon.
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/ironic+branch:master+topic:bug/1559691
    - Original volume connection information client patches
        - They need OSC support added into the revisions.
        - These changes should be expected to land once Pike opens.
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-ironicclient+branch:master+topic:bug/1526231

Driver composition (dtantsur, jroll)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/fTya14y6/14-driver-composition
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bug/1524745
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - we're now able to load hardware types on start-up! \o/
    - next steps (some yet to be written/finished) as of 23 Jan 2017:
        - API changes for setting hardware types and interfaces
            - ready for review, only WIP because missing docs/release notes
                - https://review.openstack.org/417970
                - https://review.openstack.org/423536
            - still WIP: https://review.openstack.org/423537
            - should have these finished jan 23/24
        - hardware type for IPMI and CI job for it
            - hw type itself: https://review.openstack.org/422708
        - client changes:
            - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1524745+project:openstack/python-ironicclient
    - We should agree on some scope for this feature for Ocata, I guess. Maybe we call it semi-done when we finish ^^^
        - +1, and we can talk at PTG about anything missing, path to getting vendor hw types, etc

Rescue mode (JayF)
==================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/PwH1pexJ/23-rescue-mode
- 1/23 status
    - need reviews on:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350831/ - API/conductor methods
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/353156/ - rescuewait timeout periodic task
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/400437/ - agent driver patch
    - client patch now ready for review:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/408341/
    - IPA rescue extension still WIP:
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423521
        - expect to have this done by end of week
    - Docs patch still WIP
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419606/
        - will complete after IPA patch is done
    - Nova patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/416487/

etags in the REST API (gzholtkevych)
====================================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/MbNA4geB/33-rest-api-etags
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - (galyna) spec needs review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/381991/. Need to get comments according to what has been posted.

ironic-python-agent’s REST API versioning (sambetts)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/1STx5ry3/34-ipa-rest-api-versioning
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec needs reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/341086/

deploy steps (mat128, yolanda)
==============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/M7PueRS0/35-deploy-steps
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - spec under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/412523/

specific fault support (JayF)
=============================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/sYafFLBy/36-specific-fault-support
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - Ready for review -- some issues remain but want to get consensus on what is posted.
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/334113/

soft power off and NMI support (naohirot)
* trello: https://trello.com/c/IJfChqsK/37-soft-power-off-and-nmi
- gerrit topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526226
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - (dtantsur) both generic driver interface and ipmitool implementations approved
    - code needs reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526226
        - (dtantsur) needs review as of Dec 23:
            - iRMC implementations of both NMI and soft power
            - apr-ref patches for both NMI and soft power
    - some of soft off patches merged, nova side is https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/soft-reboot-poweroff
        - the first nova patch was approved
    - some of nmi patches got a +2. nova side is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/376548/
        - the first client patch approved, OSC patch needs 2nd +2 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357661/

node tags (zhenguo)
===================
* trello: https://trello.com/c/WN1J7EzF/38-node-tags
- status as of most recent weekly meeting:
    - code needs reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1526266

Cross-project:
- nova + resource classes
    - working on docs + experimental CI
        - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open++branch:master+topic:bug/1647813
    - working with nova folks to determine what flavors look like, and if that will be possible with ocata nova

Until next week,
--ruby

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard