[openstack-dev] [All projects that use Alembic] Absence of pk on alembic_version table

Anna Taraday akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 23 18:12:47 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

Guys in our team faced an issue when they try to run alembic migrations on
Galera with ENFORCING mode. [1]

This was an issue with Alembic [2], which was quickly fixed by Mike Bayer
(many thanks!) and new version of alembic was resealed [3].
The global requirements are updated [4].

I think that it is desired to fix this for Newton at least. We cannot bump
requirements for Newton, so hot fix can be putting pk on this table in the
first migration like proposed [5].  Any other ideas?

[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1655610
[2] - https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/alembic/issues/406
[3] - http://alembic.zzzcomputing.com/en/latest/changelog.html#change-0.8.10
[4] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423118/