[openstack-dev] [keystone]Error while setting up a keystone development environment

Daniel Gitu gitudaniel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:39:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm new to all this and I am in need of help to find out where I went wrong.
This is a bit lengthy, I have left a blank space between the text and
the error
messages I received.
I first set up and activated a virtual environment then cloned the keystone
project into that environment.
I then proceeded to cd into keystone and executed pip install -r
requirements.txt and got the following errors:

     Failed building wheel for cryptography
     Failed cleaning build dir for cryptography
     Failed building wheel for netifaces
     Failed building wheel for pycrypto
     Command "/home/grenouille/openstack/bin/python -u -c "import
setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-XqTJv_/cryptography/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize,
'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n',
'\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record
/tmp/pip-nFp6dT-record/install-record.txt
--single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers
/home/grenouille/openstack/include/site/python2.7/cryptography" failed
with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-XqTJv_/cryptography/

The above errors were resolved by executing; sudo apt-get install
build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev and re-running
pipinstall -r requirements.txt
I ran sudo apt install tox and executed tox in the keystone directory
As tox was installing dependencies the first line read:

     ERROR: invocation failed (exit code 1), logfile:
/home/grenouille/openstack/keystone/.tox/docs      /log/docs-1.log
     ERROR: actionid: docs

The final error message read:

     ERROR: could not install deps
[-r/home/grenouille/openstack/keystone/test-requirements.txt,
.[ldap,memcache,mongodb]]; v =
InvocationError('/home/grenouille/openstack/keystone/.tox/docs/bin/pip
install
-chttps://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt
-r/home/grenouille/openstack/keystone/test-requirements.txt
.[ldap,memcache,mongodb] (see
/home/grenouille/openstack/keystone/.tox/docs/log/docs-1.log)', 1)

Regards,
Daniel.