[openstack-dev] [charms][ptl] PTL candidacy

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 23 10:18:04 UTC 2017

Hi All

I would like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the OpenStack Charms
project.

Over the Ocata cycle, we've been incubating the community of developers
around
the Charms, with new charms for Murano, Trove, Mistral and CloudKitty all
due
to be included in the release in February.

We've also started to engage successfully with the vendor ecosystem around
OpenStack, with PLUMgrid, Calico and 6wind all working towards aligment and
inclusion in the OpenStack Charm release.

This is all helping to diversify the development community around the
Charms.

I'll continue to work to support the wider ecosystem adoption of the Charms
as a great way to deploy and manage OpenStack.

We've made some in-roads into improving the developer experience for charm
authors, but I feel there is still progress to be made so I will continue to
focus on this aspect of the project during the Pike cycle.

I look forward to working with the team and steering the project for another
cycle!

Cheers

James