[openstack-dev] [ironic-pyhon-agent][DIB] IPA failed to start on Ubuntu because of modprobe path

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hpe.com
Mon Jan 23 08:52:27 UTC 2017

Ian Wienand said on Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 02:26:36PM +1100:
>This should be just "/sbin"; I've proposed [1].  There may be even
>better ways to do this which anyone is welcome to propose :)

+1

The problem with distributions not following anymore the FHS closely (and not working jointly on it to have a strong standard avoiding dispersion) is such a result :-( Some are using /usr/sbin (saying publicly that /sbin and /bin should be dead) while some other have different opinion.

I'm personaly (because I'm an old timer unix/linux guy) in favour of keeping /sbin and /bin. But that should be an agreement for every distro, and they should commit to maintain compatibility with this even if they use /usr/sbin and /usr/bin instead.

Bruno.
--
HPE EMEA EG FLOSS Technology Strategist http://www.hpe.com/engage/opensource
Open Source Profession, WW Linux Community Lead    http://github.com/bcornec