[openstack-dev] [ python-novaclient][ python-glanceclient][ python-cinderclient][ python-neutronclient] Remove x-openstack-request-id logging code as it is logged twice

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 04:37:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Kekane, Abhishek <
Abhishek.Kekane at nttdata.com> wrote:

> Hi Dims,
>
> Thank you for reply. I will propose a patch soon. Just for curiosity,
> keystoneauth1 >= 2.17.0 will not install 2.18.0?

It will, but if we make 2.18.0 the minimum then it will for sure install
only that level.

> In the latest keystoneauth1 version 2.18.0, x-openstack-request-id is
> logged
> > for every HTTP response. This keystoneauth1 version will be used for
> ocata.
> >
> > The same request id is also logged in 'request' method of SessionClient
> > class for python-novaclient, python-glanceclient, python-cinderclient and
> > python-neutronclient. Once requirements.txt is synced with
> > global-requirements and it uses keystoneauth1 version 2.18.0 and above,
> > x-openstack-request-id will be logged twice for these clients.

So I approved this change (sorry it took so long to review and merge), but
I didn't realize it was going to impact python-{nova | glance | cinder |
neutron}client. I think it's slightly unrealistic to ask four teams to
remove the logging in the last week we release clients (I'm assuming we
want to remove the functionality and not log things twice).

 - Would folks prefer I revert the keystoneauth change and re-release
without it, and we can bring it back in Pike?
- Do teams have the bandwidth to remove the request id logging in the next
few days?

Sorry for the confusion this caused.