[openstack-dev] [all] new os-api-ref warning, changes may be needed

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 20 20:55:24 UTC 2017

On 01/20/2017 03:21 PM, Jay Faulkner wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2017, at 9:41 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>>
>> We released a new os-api-ref yesterday which includes a few
>> enhancements, including the anchor links on the website working as
>> expected now.
>>
>> One of the things in there is a new warning when a parameter is used,
>> and is not defined.
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/bc8a145de14e455a2a73824e8a84d92ac27aae1c/api-ref/source/v2-ext/ksec2-admin.inc#L31
>> - as an example
>>
>> Which will generate an issue such as:
>>
>> Warning, treated as error:
>> /home/sdague/code/openstack/keystone/api-ref/source/api-ref/source/v2-ext/ksec2-admin.inc:112
>> .rst:: WARNING: No path parameter ``userId`` found in rest_parameter stanza.
>>

> While I understand these are not desirable, is there a better way to communicate up-front that a potential gate breaking change is coming down the pipe? This change has impacted the ironic gate (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1658187), and we’re working now to resolve it, but simply a heads up a few days in advance could’ve prevented having a bunch of patches fail our api-ref jobs.

This is my bad. When I looked at the change list and saw this new thing,
it honestly didn't occur to me that there would be much breakage because
of the way we did the audit on the nova side.

I made a note of giving 2 days warning on items like this here -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/423517/

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague