[openstack-dev] [sahara] PTL Candidacy for Pike

Telles Nobrega tenobreg at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 13:02:05 UTC 2017

Hello everyone!

I'd like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the Data

Processing project (Sahara), and to describe what I hope to do to help
Sahara  move forward.

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I've been working on the
Sahara project since the Icehouse release, and since the Newton release I
have been a member of the Sahara core reviewer team.

I was responsible for introducing the Storm plugin to Sahara and have
maintained it since its creation. Other than that, I've been working on
many different features and small fixes to Sahara.

Here are a summary of my contributions to Sahara:

Reviews:

* All-time:
http://stackalytics.com/?module=sahara-group&user_id=tellesmvn&release=all
* Ocata:
http://stackalytics.com/?module=sahara-group&user_id=tellesmvn&release=ocata
Commits:
* All-time:
http://stackalytics.com/?module=sahara-group&user_id=tellesmvn&release=all&metric=commits
* Ocata:
http://stackalytics.com/?module=sahara-group&user_id=tellesmvn&release=ocata&metric=commits

As PTL I will coordinate the team to reach community goals, manage
Sahara releases, and track all activities related to new features
in Sahara. Also I plan to minimize the open bug list by organizing some bug
triage days and bug fix weeks. Improving documentation is also a priority
allow Sahara to grow.

My main focus for this coming release is finding ways to grow the Sahara
team.
Currently we have mentees and I would like to improve that kind of
integration to bring new people to the team.

As for Sahara features, I plan to establish a team and set deadlines to
deliver API v2. I will also focus on preparing Sahara for Python 3.5

I hope that Sahara will continue to grow in the Pike release.

Best regards, Telles Nobrega

e-mail: telles at redhat.com

IRC: tellesnobrega, Launchpad: tellesmvn.

--
[image: Red Hat] <http://www.redhat.com.br/>
Telles Nobrega | Software Engineer