[openstack-dev] [cinder]Can we run cinder-volume and cinder-backup on a same host?

Rikimaru Honjo honjo.rikimaru at po.ntts.co.jp
Fri Jan 20 05:15:17 UTC 2017

Hi Cinder devs,

I have a question about cinder.
Can I run cinder-volume and cinder-backup on a same host when I using iscsi backend?

I afraid that iscsi operations will be conflicted between cinder-volume and cinder-backup.
In my understanding, iscsi operations are serialized for each individual process.
But these could be raced between processes.

e.g.(Caution: This is just a forecast.)
If cinder-backup execute "multipath -r" while cinder-volume is terminating connection,
a multipath garbage will remain unexpectedly.
--
Rikimaru Honjo
E-mail:honjo.rikimaru at po.ntts.co.jp