[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary (week 4)

Attila Darazs adarazs at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 17:13:51 UTC 2017

Everybody interested in the TripleO CI and Quickstart is welcome to join
the weekly meeting:

Time: Thursdays, 15:30-16:30 UTC
Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/

Here's this week's summary:

* There aren't any blockers or bottlenecks slowing down the transition
to the Quickstart based CI. We're right on track.

* The Quickstart OVB jobs are running stable. Yesterday they broke due
to a tripleo-ci change, but Sagi fixed them today.

* The Quickstart multinode nodepool job is also working well. It's a
good basis for extending our feature coverage.

* The ovb-ha-oooq-nv and nonha-multinode-oooq-nv jobs are moving in the
check-tripleo queue to make sure we catch any change that breaks these
new jobs[1].

* We have a few quickstart log collection usability improvements are on
the way: soon all the text based logs are going to be renamed to end in
txt.gz, making them browsable from the log servers[2]. Also the log
collection output will be in a log file instead of dumped on a console.

* We are trying to reduce the number of unnecessary OVB jobs by limiting
the files we trigger on, but openstack-infra doesn't like our current
approach[3]. We brainstormed about alternative solutions (see the
meeting minutes for details).

* Ben Kero proposed a PTG CI session about the CI moving to use
Quickstart. Emilien is suggesting to create a second one regarding
reusing the scenario jobs for container tests.

* There's a draft for the "pre-flight check list"[4] for the CI
transition made by Gabrielle to make sure the quickstart based jobs will
have the same coverage or better than the current CI system.

* We are going to have a design session about the handling of the config
files for these new jobs on Wednesday the 25th, 15:00 UTC.

The full meeting minutes are here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

Best regards,
Attila