[openstack-dev] [ironic] release timelines

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Jan 18 14:07:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

As you probably know, ironic is a cycle-with-intermediary project that
doesn't strictly follow the OpenStack feature freeze.

Ocata is finishing up and we need to define some deadlines/goals around a
final release. Please refer to the schedule here:
https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html

We're thinking that we'll do a (soft) feature freeze during week R-3. This
means we will avoid merging feature patches unless we agree they are a
priority item and not too risky.

We'll likely shoot for R-2 for a final release of ironic. This is early
enough that we aren't rushing, but late enough that we have wiggle room if
something comes up (the real deadline for our final release is R-1).

Of course, we are playing this by ear, and will adjust as needed.
Questions/comments welcome :)

// jim