[openstack-dev] [kolla] Contributors welcome to kolla-kubernetes 0.5.0

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed Jan 18 05:07:28 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

The release team released kolla-kubernetes 0.4.0 Sunday January 15th.  Now we are in 0.5.0 development which lasts one month.

The general architecture of OpenStack based deployments with a Kubernetes underlay is taking form.  There are 5 blueprints in 0.5.0 which we expect should land prior to the PTG:
https://launchpad.net/kolla-kubernetes/+milestone/0.5.0

If you have personal interest in any of these blueprints, the fact that they are “assigned” doesn’t mean there isn’t a contribution to be made.  If you click through to an individual blueprint, you can see the “Work Items” field which contains each work item that needs addressing in each of these master blueprints.  For each master blueprint, there may be 10+ work items or more.

The goal of these “master” blueprints is to distribute the work among the development community.  There should be enough to work from in the whiteboard patches to produce an implementation.

Feel free to change “unassigned” to your Launchpad id for any of the blueprint work items.  The person assigned is responsible for tracking the state of the blueprint’s work items or generally leading the effort around those blueprints as has been done in other Kolla deliverables.

Regards
-steve