[openstack-dev] [tripleo] short term roadmap (actions required)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 21:36:53 UTC 2017

I'm trying to dress a list of things important to know so we can
successfully deliver Ocata release, please take some time to read and
comment if needed.

== Triaging Ocata & Pike bugs

As we discussed in our weekly meeting, we decided to:

* move ocata-3 low/medium unassigned bugs to pike-1
* move ocata-3 high/critical unassigned bugs to ocata-rc1
* keep ocata-3 In Progress bugs to ocata-3 until next week and move
them to ocata-rc1 if not fixed on time.

Which means, if you plan to file a new bug:

* low/medium: target it for pike-1
* high/critical: target it for ocata-rc1

We still have 66 bugs In Progress for ocata-3. The top priority for
this week is to make progress on those bugs and close it on time for
ocata final release.

== Releasing tripleoclient next week

If you're working on tripleoclient, you might want to help in fixing
the bugs still targeted for Ocata:
https://goo.gl/R2hO4Z
We'll release python-tripleoclient final ocata by next week.

== Freezing features next week

If you're working on a feature in TripleO which is part of a blueprint
targeted for ocata-3, keep in mind you have until next week to make it
merged.
After January 27th, We will block (by a -2 in Gerrit) any patch that
adds a feature in master until we release Ocata and branch
stable/ocata.
Some exceptions can be made, but they have to be requested on
openstack-dev and team + PTL will decide if whether or not we accept
it.
If your blueprint is not High or Critical, there are a few chances we accept it.

== Preparing Pike together

In case you missed it, we're preparing Pike sessions for next PTG:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-pike
Feel free to propose a session and announce/discuss it on the
openstack-dev mailing-list.

== CI freeze

>From January 27th until final Ocata release, we will freeze any chance
in our CI, except critical fixes but they need to be reported in
Launchpad and team + PTL needs to know (ML openstack-dev).

If there is any question or feedback, please don't hesitate to use this thread.

Thanks and let's make Ocata our best release ever ;-)
--
Emilien Macchi