[openstack-dev] [security] FIPS compliance

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 17 16:40:31 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-17 05:59:13 -0600 (-0600), Ian Cordasco wrote:
[...]
> I think people should work on the Python patches *first*. Once they're
> merged, *then* we should potentially create a wrapper (if it's still
> necessary at that point) to do this.

Yes, I encourage everyone to think back to the frequent wailing and
gnashing of teeth we encounter from downstream consumers of our
software who develop their own workarounds to problems and _then_
try to get the upstream bits merged only to discover we (generally
for good reason) reject their solutions and suggest that things
should be done in completely different ways.

Upstream first.
--
Jeremy Stanley