[openstack-dev] [release][requirements] disable constraint bot updates for our own libraries

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jan 17 15:55:50 UTC 2017

In this review for the ironic-inspector-client newton release [1], Alan
pointed out that the new release was pulled into our master requirements
because the constraints bot saw it as a newer release. That doesn't seem
like something we want to have happen, as a general case. Should we
update the bot to avoid changing constraints for the things we release
ourselves? That will let us more carefully manage which updates go into
which branches, since the release jobs update the constraints files
as part of the release process.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/398401/