[openstack-dev] [nova] Different length limit for tags in object definition and db model definition

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 17 09:31:37 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Changing the type of column from VARCHAR(80) to VARCHAR(60) would also
require a data migration (i.e. a schema migration to add a new column
with the "correct" type, changes to the object, data migration logic)
as it is not an "online" DDL operation according to [1].  Adding a new
API microversion seems to be easier.

Thanks,
Roman

[1] https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-create-index-overview.html#innodb-online-ddl-column-properties