[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Unable to add new metrics using meters.yaml

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Mon Jan 16 14:08:59 UTC 2017

On 13/01/17 06:47 PM, Srikanth Vavilapalli wrote:
> So the question is, is there any config that I can use to let "ceilometer/meter/notifications.py" listen on other rabbitmq exchanges in addition to predefined ones, such that this framework can be extended to receive meters from non openstack services? Appreciate your inputs.

sorry, hit send to quickly.

you could also hack the code to support your exchange[1]. i also believe
in theory, you should be able to re-use http_control_exchanges to
leverage your custom exchanges[2]

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/aa3f491bb714c613681125d242e4c9ea254bdbe2/ceilometer/meter/notifications.py#L210
[2]