[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] replacing periodic tempest job with quickstart

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 12:13:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

as part of an effort to bring success rate of tempest test closer to
100% in tripleo-ci, we propose to replace the current periocic ha
tempest job with a one that is using quickstart, but tests in nonha.

We pushed a change in infra: https://review.openstack.org/420647
that will replace the current job with a one driven by quickstart, and
makes it possible to selectively increase the timeout of a single job.
This is needed since a deployment + full tempest test may take as long
as 5 hours to finish.
Another approach for this could be to clone the job template
specifically for tempest, and associate the job to the new template. But
this creates code duplication, and the way we name the jobs at the
moment would make naming this new job a bit difficult

this change https://review.openstack.org/420620 prposed to tripleo-ci
instead activates the configuration needed to launch a tempest jobs with
quickstart

any feedback will be very appreciated,

thanks.