[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Unable to add new metrics using meters.yaml

Srikanth Vavilapalli srikanth.vavilapalli at ericsson.com
Fri Jan 13 23:47:16 UTC 2017

Hi Yurii

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, I have noticed that statement in the guide and enabled disable_non_metric_meters in my conf file, but that didn't change the behavior. If you notice, that condition is only applicable for "meters that have a volume as 1". But in my case, the meter that I have defined is of type metric with a proper value for volume.

I think I have found the issue why my meters are not processed by notification agents. If I look at the ceilometer generic meter notification listener module (ceilometer/meter/notifications.py), it listens for all the meters as defined in meters.yaml in the "notifications.info" topic at pre-defined rabbitmq exchanges as defined in ceilometer/exchange_control.py file. But in my case, my service is publishing its meters to "notifications.info" topic at a different exchange name. That means I need to make a change to ceilometer/meter/notifications.py to listen on some default rabbitmq exchange for all non openstack services to publish their telemetry data.

So the question is, is there any config that I can use to let "ceilometer/meter/notifications.py" listen on other rabbitmq exchanges in addition to predefined ones, such that this framework can be extended to receive meters from non openstack services? Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Srikanth