[openstack-dev] [glance] priorities for the coming week (01/13-01/19)

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:25:07 UTC 2017

As discussed at the Glance weekly meeting yesterday, please concentrate
on the following items:

(0) Glance coresec: you know what I'm talking about (and if you don't
contact me immediately offline).  We need to get this wrapped up before
January 18.

(1) Ian wants to release glance_store on Wednesday, January 18.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/378460/ is a ceph driver patch that's
OK but could use some tests to prevent regressions; unfortunately the
owner doesn't have time ATM, so this is ripe for someone to pick up and
complete.
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/120866/ is the buffered reader for
the swift store, let's show the official OpenStack object store some love

(2) Port Glance migrations to Alembic:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/382958/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/392993/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397409/

(3) Patch to enable better request-id tracking (glanceclient):
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/352892/
This had some good discussion last week and a new patch is up, let's try
to close it out.

(4) Community images:
We are following the process outlined in tempest/HACKING.rst concerning
a bugfix that causes a breaking change.  As soon as
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419658/
is approved by tempest cores, we can merge the main community images patch:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/369110/
(which will need another +2; the only test failure is the test that
419658 adds a skip for), and then we've got another patch ready for
tempest to replace the skipped test:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/414261/

Light list this week because some people are having a long weekend in
honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

cheers,
brian