[openstack-dev] PTG? / Was (Consistent Versioned Endpoints)

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:07:59 UTC 2017

Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> Don't want to hijack the thread too much but... when the PTG was being sold, it was a way to get the various developers in to one place and make it cheaper to go to for devs. Now it seems to be being made into a place where each of the silo's can co'exist but not talk, and then the summit is still required to get cross project work done, so it only increases the devs cost by requiring attendance at both. This is very troubling. :/ Whats the main benefit of the PTG then?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Sometimes I almost wish we just rented out a football stadium (or
equivalent, a soccer field?) and put all the contributors in the 'field'
with bean bags and some tables and a bunch of white boards (and a lot of
wifi and power cords) and let everyone 'have at it' (ideally in a
stadium with a roof in the winter). Maybe put all the infra people in a
circle in the middle and make the foundation people all wear referee
outfits.

It'd be an interesting social experiment at least :-P