[openstack-dev] [neutron] Confusion around the complexity

Morales, Victor victor.morales at intel.com
Fri Jan 13 17:01:41 UTC 2017

My two cents on this

Agree with Kevin, IaaS solutions(like CloudStack, OpenNebula, OpenStack, etc.) offer a deep level of customization for those apps which requires fine-grained control of Cloud resources with the disadvantage of increasing the time required for developing them. By other hand, PaaS solutions (e.g Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, etc) usually deployed on top of IaaS solutions, offer a quicker development process but lower level of customization associated with poor performance or scalability controlled by the PaaS solution.  Lastly, my understanding is that the term "legacy apps” refers to non-cloud aware applications usually with monolithic instead of using microservices architecture and/or publish/subscribe pattern.

Regards,
Victor Morales

irc: electrocucaracha