[openstack-dev] [all] [goals] proposing a new goal: "Control Plane API endpoints deployment via WSGI"

Brian Haley brian.haley at hpe.com
Fri Jan 13 15:26:17 UTC 2017

On 01/12/2017 08:40 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Greetings OpenStack community,
>
> I have been looking for a Community Goal [1] that would directly help
> Operators and I found the "run API via WSGI" useful.
> So I've decided to propose this one as a goal for Pike but I'll stay
> open to postpone it to Queen if our community thinks we already have
> too much goals for Pike.
>
> Note that this goal might help to achieve 2 other goals later:
> - enable and test SSL everywhere
> - enable and test IPv6 everywhere

I know IPv6 is a secondary goal, but since this was previously working in
devstack
(https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/videos/presentation/deploying-and-operating-an-ipv6-only-openstack-cloud)
I'll try and help out getting that working again
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1656329).  Added a line to the
etherpad as well.  I know there's more to do than just that, but if we had a job
in place to catch regressions at least we'd have a baseline that *something* works.

-Brian