[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI Squad Meeting Summary

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 17:37:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Attila Darazs <adarazs at redhat.com> wrote:
> We had our first meeting as the the CI Squad today. We re-purposed our
> "Quickstart to Upstream Transitioning" meeting into the Squad meeting, so
> the topics were and will be focused on the transition for the next month or
> so.
>
> Everybody interested in the TripleO CI and Quickstart is welcome to join the
> meeting:
>
> Time: Thursdays, 15:30-16:30 UTC
> Place: https://bluejeans.com/4113567798/
>
> Meeting summary:
>
> * The Quickstart transition does not seem to have any blockers or
> bottlenecks for the time being, we are on track to be ready at the end of
> the Ocata cycle, and switch in the beginning of Pike.
>
> * The new Quickstart based OVB jobs are working consistently and reliably,
> though the tinyrpc.server bug affected them just like the regular jobs.
>
> * Got our first overcloud deploy today on the Quickstart based nodepool
> multinode jobs, big kudos to bkero and trown for making it happen. The
> verification part still needs work though.
>
> * The experimental queue is overloaded, we will move OVB workloads to the
> multinode jobs once we get them working reliably.
>
> * We might want to change the experimental OVB jobs to run container and
> composable upgrade jobs instead for increased coverage, but we need more
> input on that, we will discuss it on the next TripleO meeting.
>
> * Selecting the proper configuration to use for each gate/period job is not
> optimal, we should rethink the system during the transition to Quickstart.
> This needs a design session. Also we need an up-to-date job type -
> functionality matrix like this[1].
>
> * We voted to keep the meetings on BlueJeans and at 15:30 UTC.
>
> * We will keep tracking the transition work on the RDO Infra Trello board
> with the [Q to U] tags, maybe move to the CI Squad board on Trello later. We
> should also look at Storyboard and see if that would be useful to switch to.
>
> Full meeting minutes and notes:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

Excellent summary Attila and thanks for driving this work in the open.

It would be awesome to have one or multiple sessions about CI work in
TripleO at the next PTG.
Please let us know if that's something that would be possible
regarding the folks involved in CI going there.

Feel free to propose session(s) here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ptg-pike

Thanks,

> Best regards,