[openstack-dev] [tripleo][diskimage-builder] Status of diskimage-builder

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 17:06:27 UTC 2017

Greetings,

With the containerization[1] of tripleo, I'd like to know more about the future of
diskimage-builder as it relates to the tripleo project.

Reading the recently approved spec for containers, container (image) builds are
no longer under the control of tripleo; by kolla. Where does this leave
diskimage-builder as a project under tripleo?  I specifically ask, because I'm
wanting to start down the path of using diskimage-builder as an interface to
containers.

Basically, is it time to move diskimage-builder out from the tripleo project
into another, or its own? Or is tripleo wanting to more forward on development
efforts on diskimage-builder.

[1] https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/tripleo-specs/specs/ocata/containerize-tripleo-overcloud.html