[openstack-dev] diskimage-builder Package grub-pc is not available error running on Fedora 25 AArch64

dmarlin at redhat.com dmarlin at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 16:33:29 UTC 2017

I am running Fedora 25 on a 64-bit ARM (AArch64) host, and tried testing
the latest (F26) version of diskimage-builder,

   # cat /etc/redhat-release
   Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

   # rpm -q diskimage-builder
   diskimage-builder-1.26.1-1.fc26.noarch

but I encountered an error with the following command:

   disk-image-create -a arm64 -o test.qcow2 vm ubuntu
     :

   + install-packages -m bootloader grub-pc
   Reading package lists... Done
   Building dependency tree
   Reading state information... Done
   Package grub-pc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
   is only available from another source
   However the following packages replace it:
     grub2-common grub-common

   E: Package 'grub-pc' has no installation candidate

Is this a known issue, or am I possibly just using the wrong (or missing
an) option when running this command?

If this is a real issue and not already reported, please let me know if
I need to file a ticket.

Thank you,

d.marlin