[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Adding a LateServices ResourceChain

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 15:13:27 UTC 2017

> 2. Do the list manipulation in puppet, like we do for firewall rules
>
> E.g see:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/puppet/services/ceilometer-api.yaml#L62
>
> https://github.com/openstack/puppet-tripleo/blob/master/manifests/firewall/service_rules.pp#L32
>
> This achieves the same logical result as the above, but it does the list
> manipulation in the puppet profile instead of t-h-t.
>
> I think either approach would be fine, but I've got a slight preference for
> (1) as I think it may be more reusable in a future non-puppet world, e.g
> for container deployments etc where we may not always want to use puppet.
>
> Open to other suggestions, but would either of the above solve your
> problem?

I went with (2), even though iteration in Puppet is a little funky.
Looking through the firewall rules implementation helped me
understand how the service_config_settings stuff works.

You can see the updated implementation at:

- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/417509/ (puppet-tripleo)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411048/ (t-h-t)

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}