[openstack-dev] [telemetry] [ceilometer] [panko] ceilometer API deprecation

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Jan 11 13:41:47 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11 2017, William M Edmonds wrote:

> After discussing with my team, I think we will need to propose a revert.
> The deprecation process was not followed correctly here. We will start
> working on moving to panko, but we are not sure we can contain that for
> Ocata. Please follow the deprecation process correctly in future and we can
> avoid this hassle for everyone.

I see nobody from IBM contributing to Telemetry, so I find it hard to
read that kind of statement.

There's also nobody working on Panko itself, so I don't think it's fair
to ask for a revert and to the Ceilometer team to continue maintaining a
software nobody wants to.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker