[openstack-dev] [cinder] [infra] drbdmanage is no more GPL2

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Jan 10 15:44:06 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 07:58:17AM +0100, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently seen that drbdmanage python library is no more GPL2 but
> need a end user license agreement [1].
>
> Is this compatible with the driver policy of Cinder ?
>
> [1] http://git.drbd.org/drbdmanage.git/commitdiff/441dc6a96b0bc6a08d2469fa5a82d97fc08e8ec1
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Mehdi Abaakouk
> mail: sileht at sileht.net
> irc: sileht

It doesn't look like much has changed here. There has been one commit
that only slightly modified the new license: [1]

IANAL, and I don't want to make assumption on what can and can't be
done, so looking to other more informed folks. Do we need to remove this
from the Jenkins run CI tests?

Input would be appreciated.

Sean

[1] http://git.drbd.org/drbdmanage.git/commit/66fb14feaf688276bd922fbd3a006285e79c9eb9