[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Scale deployment

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Jan 10 00:59:04 UTC 2017

On 09/01/17 07:21 PM, Srikanth Vavilapalli wrote:
> Thanks Gordon for your inputs, Quick follow-up question: I see few new alternatives existing in place of ceilometer mongo storage: Gnocchi and Panko. Are these recommended data storage options from now on for Ceilometer? Also, I suppose Gnocchi and Panko needs to be deployed on a separate node in a cluster mode to support scale and performance. Plz let me know if otherwise.

Gnocchi is the solution for storing time-series measurement data
(replacement for metering api). Panko is just a fork of existing event
api in Ceilometer. in theory you can run Panko the same as you've always
been doing. Gnocchi is a bit different and details can be found in
docs[1]. the Ceph backend for Gnocchi is probably the most mature of
existing storage drivers.

that said, Ceilometer is pluggable so you can just push data to your own
datasources if you are more familiar with other stuff.

[1] http://gnocchi.xyz

cheers,

--
gord