[openstack-dev] [tc][goals] Microversions in OpenStack projects

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Jan 9 23:25:30 UTC 2017

On Jan 9, 2017, at 3:43 PM, LAM, TIN <tl3438 at att.com> wrote:

> As noted in [1], "Add microversion to REST APIs" is one of the cross-project
> community goals.  Given the scope and the fact there is still discussion on
> what "microversion" means to each project and the exact technical
> implementation, what are your thoughts on the direction the community should
> take with regards to this goal.
>
> Aside from adopting microversions, what other consistent API behaviors should
> the community be aiming for in future release? Also, is this goal a potential
> target for the Q- or R-release.

These and similar issues are discussed regularly by the API Working Group [0], and the Guidelines [1] we create are meant to be a summary of Best Practices for all OpenStack APIs. We are always looking to expand these to cover the many areas that are still unaddressed, so if you’d like to add something that you think is important, please contribute!

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/API_Working_Group
[1] https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/

-- Ed Leafe