[openstack-dev] STIG Tools

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:07:23 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Parker <joel.parker.gm at gmail.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: January 9, 2017 at 10:25:36
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  [openstack-dev] STIG Tools

> I am new to the STIG hardening process and wanted to see if there was a
> standard way to diff between releases (RHEL STIG 7 draft 0.2 and 0.3 for
> example) or between RHEL 5 and 6 or something. Obviously the reason for
> this is too quickly check / implement the diff instead of going through the
> whole STIG again.

Hi Joel,

I'm not sure you meant to send this to the OpenStack mailing list, but
in case you did, I don't know of a good way of doing that. That said,
there is at least one project that attempts to automate it for you
(openstack-ansible-security). I've CC'd one of the cores to grab their
attention in case they can help you.

Cheers,
--
Ian Cordasco