[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL nominations deadline and non-candidacy

John Davidge John.Davidge at rackspace.com
Mon Jan 9 14:50:03 UTC 2017

On 1/9/17, 2:11 PM, "Armando M." <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi neutrinos,
>
>The PTL nomination week is fast approaching [0], and as you might have
>guessed by the subject of this email, I am not planning to run for Pike.
>If I look back at [1], I would like to think that I was able to exercise
>the influence on the goals I set out
> with my first self-nomination [2].
>
>That said, when it comes to a dynamic project like neutron one can't
>never claim to be *done done* and for this reason, I will continue to be
>part of the neutron core team, and help the future PTL drive the next
>stage of the project's journey.
>
>I must admit, I don't write this email lightly, however I feel that it is
>now the right moment for me to step down, and give someone else the
>opportunity to grow in the amazing role of neutron PTL! I have certainly
>loved every minute of it!
>
>Cheers,
>Armando
>
>[0] https://releases.openstack.org/ocata/schedule.html
>[1]
>https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/election+owner:armando-
>migliaccio
>[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/223764/

We’re all doomed! DOOMED!

But seriously, thank you for all of the work you’ve put into leading
neutron for as long as you have. Your decisiveness on various issues has
allowed development to continue at pace rather than always getting bogged
down in never ending debates.

This blow is softened only by the knowledge that there are some excellent
potential candidates who are ready (and willing?) to step into the role.

Thank you, and I’m looking forward to your continued contributions.

John

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.