[openstack-dev] [heat] project specific question for the next user survey

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:21:07 UTC 2017

Dear team

Thanks for joining the vote.
Base on the polling result, we decide to go with the question that:

*What's the expected load on your Heat deployment?*

   -
*Few small stacks (<100 resources each) *
   -
*Lots of small stacks (<100 resources each) *
   -
*Few big stacks (>100 resources each) *
   - *Lots of big stacks (>100 resources each)*

Also here are other opinions we collected:

   - I'm not convinced that any of these will give us hard data that would
   be useful. e.g. "What is the total number of (non-deleted) stacks and
   resources defined in Heat right now?" would be hard data; "Is your
   deployment really big? [No/Yes/Heck Yes]", not so much. Unfortunately, I
   don't think we have any easy ways of collecting the former that don't
   involve database spelunking. If we really care about this data then we
   should probably consider adding admin APIs to collect it and report it in
   the form that we want it (e.g. we could report max & median resource
   counts, instead of just mean).