[openstack-dev] FW: [zun] python3 devstack+functional tests

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Mon Jan 9 03:35:44 UTC 2017

Hi Zuner,

FYI. A BP was created for that: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/zun/+spec/support-python-35 .

Best regards,
Hongbin

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum at gmail.com]
Sent: January-08-17 2:27 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [all][ptls][goals] python3 devstack+functional tests

Folks,

Here's where we track the work for a little while:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/support-python3.5-functional-tests

There's lots of work to be done to get stuff working properly. What we have now is the ability to just startup a bunch of services using py35. Does not mean they all work.

Teams that do not have functional tests in their own projects may still be able to look for, find and fix bugs. Example, the heat functional tests exercises Nova, Oslo etc. So look for tracebacks there and get going!

This is a good chance for newbies to get involved as well. Find a traceback to fix, propose a fix with a python3 unit test :)

Thanks,
Dims