[openstack-dev] [nova] Reflecting on progress made by the live migration subteam

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Jan 8 21:35:11 UTC 2017

I just watched this video of a summit session from Vancouver (Liberty
summit):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy8rS_5vea4

And had to leave a comment in there reflecting on the many improvements
made by the live migration subteam in Nova in the Mitaka and Newton
releases. Watching the video you can see several things pointed out as
limitations or manual monitoring steps or workarounds at that time which
are now features built into Nova since then, which is awesome to see.

When we're so heads down on getting the current release out it's hard to
reflect sometimes on how far things have come in less than two years,
and appreciate how a small dedicated group of people can make major
improvements in OpenStack.

So I'm tipping my hat to the whole live migration subteam here on a job
well done and thank you for the hard work you've put in.

Matt Riedemann