[openstack-dev] [api-wg] restarting service-types-authority / service catalog work

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 6 19:10:37 UTC 2017

It's a new year, and in anticipation of having a productive time in
Atlanta around the service catalog, I refreshed the set of patches from
last year around starting to stub out a service-types-authority -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/286089/

The proposes in 4 base types that are pretty non controversial. 2 other
of the base iaas services aren't in that list yet because of 2 issues.

Neutron / network - there is a discrepancy between the common use of
'network' as the service type, and 'networking' in the api ref url. Is
there a reason for that difference? In the other services in the list
the service-type and the url name for the api-ref are the same, which
leads to less user confusion about which is the correct term.

Cinder / volume - right now the devstack example of using cinder is to
use volumev2 as the service type (volumev3 is also added), which is kind
of ugly and not a thing that I'd like us to standardize on. How do we
move forward here to not make volumev2 a required type?

Comments welcome in getting us rolling again.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net