[openstack-dev] [heat] glance v2 support?

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 04:04:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings Heat folks!
>
> My question is simple:
> When do you plan to support Glance v2?
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/240450/
>
> The spec looks staled while Glance v1 was deprecated in Newton (and v2
> was started in Kilo!).

Hi Emilien,

I think we've not been able to move to v2 due to v1/v2 incompatibility[1]
with respect to the location[2] property. Moving to v2 would break all
existing templates using that property.

I've seen several discussions around that without any conclusion.  I think
we can support a separate v2 image resource and deprecate the current one,
unless there is a better path available.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Glance-v2-v1-client-compatability
[2] https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/
resources/openstack/glance/image.py#L107-L112

> As an user, I need Glance v2 support so I can remove Glance Registry
> from my deployment. and run pure v2 everywhere in my cloud.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> --
> Emilien Macchi

Regards,