[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Adding new deliverables

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:25:27 UTC 2017

Ad kolla-ansible core team +2ing new deliverable,I agree with Sam,
there is no reason in my mind for kolla-ansible/k8s core team to vote
on accepting new deliverable. I think this should be lightweight and
easy, we should allow experimentation (after all, kolla itself went
through few fail iterations before ansible).

Ad disconnect, I think we all are interested in other orch tools more
or less, but it's more about "who should allow new one to be added",
and that requires more than interest as might potentially block adding
new deliverable. Avoiding this disconnect is exactly why I'd like to
keep all deliverable team under one Kolla umbrealla, keep everyone in
same community so they can make use of each others experience (that
would also mean, that kolla-puppet is what I'd like to see rather than
puppet-kolla:)).

Ad multi-deployment-tool friendly rivalry, it is meant to extend
breadth of the project indeed, but let's face it, religious wars are
real (and vim is better than emacs.);) I don't thing problem would be
ill intent tho, I could easily predict problem being rather in "I
don't have time to look at this review queue" sort. Stalling reviews
can kill lots of potentially great changes.