[openstack-dev] [all][QA][goals] Proposed Pike Goal Split Out Tempest Plugins

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Wed Jan 4 01:52:57 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I pushed out a proposed OpenStack-wide goal for the Pike cycle to split all
tempest plugins into separate repos:

https://review.openstack.org/369749

At a high level all that is being proposed is that we split out any tempest
plugins that are bundled in a service repo into a separate standalone
project/git repository. There are several reasons for doing this which are
outlined in the review and also are in the tempest documentation
(although we probably need to clean up the wording in the tempest docs a bit):

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tempest/plugin.html#standalone-plugin-vs-in-repo-plugin

I encourage everyone to take a look at the review and provide feedback.

Thanks,

Matt Treinish