[openstack-dev] [swg][tc] An attempt to clarify/discuss: what exactly is the Stewardship Working Group, anyhow?

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Jan 3 20:21:52 UTC 2017

On 8 December 2016 at 15:33, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Colette Alexander wrote:
>> [...]
>> What are the sorts of things you'd like to see tackled?
>
> John Garbutt recently proposed that the TC works on defining visions for
> itself[1] and OpenStack in general[2] and started laying out the base
> objectives and requirements around that.
>
> Defining a vision is a significant effort, and the SWG is a great venue
> to collaborate on this, especially with the tooling some of us learned
> about in the training. So we could encourage whoever is interested in
> participating in that effort to join the #openstack-swg IRC channel and
> meetings[3].
>
> We could work on the TC vision first, with an (ambitious) objective to
> have it ready for formal submission to the TC after the PTG in February ?
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/401225
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/401226
> [3]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#OpenStack_Stewardship_Working_Group_Meeting

I have moved my patch for the TC vision to:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AtlantaPTG-SWG-TCVision

I have added some ideas and questions based on the last SWG meeting
log and the current review comments on the patch, but please do add
more!

While we probably can't make real progress on this until the TC vision
is sorted, I have moved the OpenStack vision here:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AtlantaPTG-SWG-OpenStackVision

If we can get all current members of TC behind a vision for the TC, I
believe it will really help us work together. Once its clear what
everyone wants to happen in the future, its certainly easy to step up
an help with things that get us closer to the shared vision.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy