[openstack-dev] [os-ansible-deployment] Periodic job in infra to test upgrades?

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:26:56 UTC 2017

> Ah OK I see now.
>
> I guess what I'm driving at, is how do we get automated coverage for the
> full end-to-end upgrade, so that issues[1] that I uncovered during manual
> testing start getting uncovered by automation?
>
> [1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/400847/

Completely agree, the end goal is to have the full end-to-end testing in
the openstack-ansible repository, along with the individual repo tests.
We have an experimental job setup in
project-config:
(gate-openstack-ansible-openstack-ansible-upgrade-ubuntu-xenial-nv)
although no concrete work has gone into adding this to the repo - so that
one is pending.

The idea would be to run the upgrade scripts against an AIO built with
stable/newton, and run tests after the upgrade - I'm hoping to see that
land this cycle.

Andy