[openstack-dev] [kolla][rdo] libvirt 2.0 process is failed during launching qemu progress

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Jan 3 02:24:44 UTC 2017

I think optimally we should check if we are running in rax-iad, and if so, set libvirt virtualization to qemu.  I was pretty sure the gate script that sets up the system sets the libvirt type to qemu.  After inspection of the gate scripts, this is not the case.  Perhaps it was setup this way previously and someone changed it.

This explains why rax gates have been so flakey for a very long time when running the deploy jobs.

Regards,
-steve