[openstack-dev] [keystone] [nova] keystonauth catalog work arounds hiding transition issues

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Feb 27 15:26:42 UTC 2017

On 02/27/2017 10:22 AM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
<snip>
> I agree we should kill the discovery hack, however that is a break in
> the keystoneauth contract. Simply put, we cannot. Keystoneauth is one of
> the few things (similar to how shade works) where behavior, exposed
> elements, etc are considered a strict contract that will not change. If
> we could have avoided stevedore and PBR we would have.
>
> The best we can provide is a way to build the instances from
> keystoneauth that does not include that hack.
>
> The short is, we can't remove it. Similar to how we cannot change the
> raise of exceptions for non-200 responses (the behavior is already encoded).

Ok, I'm going to go back to not using the version= parameter then.
Because it's not actually doing the right thing.

I also am a bit concerned that basically through some client changes
that people didn't understand, we've missed a break in the upstream
transition that will impact real clouds. :(

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net