[openstack-dev] [Murano] Is 'murano-agent' support optional in an OpenStack Murano Deployment ?

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 21 17:54:47 UTC 2017

Hi Greg,

>Is the Murano-agent functionality truly optional?
Yes, there is even an option in config file to completely disable this
functionality: [engine]\disable_murano_agent.

You can use Heat Software Configuration to configure VM or just
Cloud-Init. Unfortunately I don't have examples under my hand, but
basically you should use LinuxUDInstance or HeatSWConfigLinuxInstance
instead of LinuxMuranoInstance in your application.

>Is there a way to determine whether a Murano Application requires Murano-agent functionality or not
apps.openstack.org doesn't have any indication regarding if
murano-agent functionality is needed or not. There is no way to deduce
this information without looking into the source code.

>Roughly what % of Murano Applications leverage the Murano-agent functionality ?
100% of murano applications published on apps.openstack.org require
murano-agent.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Waines, Greg <Greg.Waines at windriver.com> wrote:
> A couple of questions about Murano-agent functionality in an OpenStack
> Murano Deployment:
>

> 1. Is the Murano-agent functionality truly optional ?
>

>      I believe answer is yes … although wanted to confirm that the
> optionality wasn’t referring to whether Murano-agent was implemented with
> same or separate rabbit server.
>

> 2. Assuming Murano-agent functionality is optional,
>

>      I am surprised that items in the Murano Community Catalog
> (https://apps.openstack.org/#tab=murano-apps )
>      don’t explicitly indicate whether they require Murano-agent
> functionality or not.
>

>      a) Is there a way to determine whether a Murano Application requires
> Murano-agent functionality or not ?
>
>      b) Roughly what % of Murano Applications leverage the Murano-agent
> functionality ?
>

> Greg.

Serg Melikyan, Development Manager at Mirantis, Inc.
http://mirantis.com | smelikyan at mirantis.com | +1 (650) 440-8979