[openstack-dev] [neutron]

Roua Touihri roua.touihri at devoteam.com
Tue Feb 21 15:03:18 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

How can we interconnect two VMs without using a bridge or a switch as an
intermediate. That is, only via a virtual link (e.g. veth or tap). In fact,
I see that when we create an aditional subnet and two ports of the given
subnet. Then when I attach each port to a running VM, neutron use a bridge
as an intermediate element. I want to create a mesh topology between
several VMs of the same tenant in addition to or without the default
network created by neutron.

If such a configuration were not possible, I must then create new APIs for
doing that. However, I do not know how to get started with this task. I
guess that I should create new classes similarly to the
"neutron.create_port" one and maybe to overload the veth/tap constructor.

Thanks in advance

--

​Kindly,

R.T