[openstack-dev] [nova] Some early feedback from the User Survey

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:42:32 UTC 2017

The results are not all in yet, but this was some early feedback on the
question asked about Nova in the recent User Survey:

--

Question: How important is it to be able to customize Nova in your
deployment, e.g. classload your own managers/drivers, use hooks, plug in

* Not important; I use pretty much stock Nova with maybe some small
patches or bug fixes that aren't upstream. = 83 (51%)

* Somewhat important; I have some custom scheduler filters and other
small patches but nothing major. = 65 (40%)

* Very important; my Nova deployment is heavily customized and
hooks/plugins/custom APIs are a major part of my operation. = 16 (9%)

Matt Riedemann