[openstack-dev] [all] What's new in StoryBoard?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Feb 19 12:19:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-19 03:53:15 -0500 (-0500), Kevin Benton wrote:
> If an existing project (e.g. Neutron) wants to adopt StoryBoard, is there
> some migration tooling to bring stuff from launchpad? It would be nice if
> we can have all of the existing bugs copied over so Storyboard would become
> the single source of truth rather than a mix between both storyboard and
> launchpad.

Absolutely. It has existed for years and is how the various Infra
bugs were pulled into SB originally. It hasn't been exercised in a
while and so needs a little fixing to catch up to the current
story/task schemas, but that's in progress.

The challenge for Neutron is that it shares lots of multi-project
bugs in LP with the likes of Nova, Keystone, Oslo, et cetera so we
can't effectively import one of those projects without doing them
all (otherwise the bugs continue to get updated in both places and
start to diverge). This is why we're investing as much effort as
possible into collecting feedback from stakeholders on various
teams, so we can make sure SB gets to a point where everyone is
comfortable migrating at the same time.
--
Jeremy Stanley